Sunday, August 23, 2009

90's BABES

Babysitting animals again... this time it's cats. My favorite. Ima cat lady in the making.

Hangin' with cats and watching 120 Minutes really took me back in time. I went on a 90's High School trip down memory lane and this is where it took me...

Me and my old BFF Jessica back in '93. At this time I usually had a bob, wore dark lipstick and thrift store cardigans. I also drove a Dodge Omni with a whole mess of Beastie Boys stickers on the back.


Liz Phair before she started writing songs featured in CW dramas and Sandra Bullock romantic comedies. Super babe. In High School my friend Suzie's brother looked at me sitting in the back seat of his car through the rear view mirror and said I look looked like her. I WISH! Still, I was really pumped.



I took this photo of me off the computer screen. My friend Arlie saw it, and asked if it was Liz Phair. Once again, I was SUPER PUMPED. Here is a side by side. She so wins.

Harriet Wheeler from The Sundays. I loved them. So cute! She had the best 90's style in my eyes.

More Harriet.


Yes! Tanya Donelly era Breeders. Badass, definitely an inspiration. Their version of "Happiness Is A Warm Gun" is in my opinion, better than the original. Sorry.




I was once Morrissey for Halloween. The only reason anyone knew who I was, was beacause I had daffodils in my back pocket. No one wanted to talk to me all night, that'll teach me to dress up as anything other than a slutty-something. I made a pretty unattractive Morrissey.

There are so many things right with this video. Morrissey on an Indian Motorcycle, James Dean's grave. This song reminds me of getting ready for school.



So here is a
selection of jams that were all me in 11th grade.
Some of them really aren't cool,
but who really was cool in high school,
Geez!!
I was in love with this older skater boy who made me a sweet
Bad Religion / Dag Nasty mix tape... don't think he felt the same for me,
but I did let him pierce my belly button with a rusty safety pin.
God, I hope my mom never reads this blog. Also while I am
outing myself for liking uncool music,
I also LOVED TOOL!!
My 16 year old self loooved Maynard James Keenan!
Glad I got that out.




No comments: